Online Applications Upload Issue
Digital Services is a major University administrative department with responsibilities covering library, academic and administrative computing, digital communications, media-technology services and reprographic services.
Checks that you can undertake yourself
When you attempt to upload a document via the UPLOAD DOCUMENT facility, your system is unresponsive and does not open the ‘pop-up window’ in order to allow this to occur (see the image at the bottom of the screen).
If you experience this issue, there are checks that you can undertake. The following advice is provided on websites external to Ulster University:
- Ensure pop-ups are enabled in your web browser. See this advice on how to enable pop-ups.
- Ensure that cookies are enabled, as these may be blocking the website. See this advice on how to check if cookies are enabled and, if not, please enable cookies.
- Make sure you are running a modern web browser, such as Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome or Safari. This link provides information on the latest version of these browsers.
- Check you do not have firewall or anti-virus software that could be causing problems.
If the above checks do not resolve the issue on your device, in order to submit your application, you could attempt to try this using another device, preferably using a different internet connection, if available.
This could help to rule out a specific issue with your internet and/or device configuration.
If you have checked the above and it still is not working
Please Contact the Service Desk explaining your issue and including the following information (if possible):
- Operating System;
- Web browser and Version;
- Any security software installed;
- The location of the issue - was this at work or home?
- A synopsis of the issues (ideally a screen shot, if possible).
- Any alternate contact or availability details which may assist our ability to contact you to help resolve the issue.
This email will then be referred to the relevant support staff who will contact you to assist further.
This section includes links to external websites in order to provide additional information.
We are not responsible for the content or availability of any external website and the inclusion of such websites does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of an organisation or its website by Ulster University.