If you have any questions, the Doctoral College Team is here to help.
Next steps for enrolling
1 - Upload your photo for your ID card
Your student ID card will be posted to your term address.
- upload a profile photo using our upload service
- ensure your term address is correct when you complete on-line enrolment
Note: Your ID will be posted to you during this Covid period.
2 - Submit pre-enrolment documents
Before you can enrol online you must email email@example.com the following:
- a signed Intellectual Property (IP) agreement
- a compliance declaration (International PhD Researchers only)
3 - Enrol online
You can now enrol online if you have sent us your pre-enrolment documentation
You'll need your:
- ID number (e.g. B00123456)
- PIN (personal identification number) - a six digit number incorporating your date of birth in the format ddmmyy.
4 - Attend a document check meeting
Once you have enrolled online you will be invited to attend a MS Teams meeting to check your documents. This will take place in mid-January and will allow you to complete registration.
You will be asked to show a number of documents and we will take a screenshot record of these on the call.
For UK, GB and EU students
You'll need to show:
- Photographic ID - a passport or driving licence
- documentary evidence of your primary degree and any other postgraduate degrees - your original degree certificates, or transcripts if your degree certificate unavailable
- evidence of completion of Masters Degree (if applicable)
Note: if you are still registered on your Masters programme, you will need to provide formal notification from your course director that you have submitted all coursework and assessments.
For International students
You'll need to show:
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) - if you have received this
- temporary vignette in passport - this is the temporary visa under which you entered the UK
- evidence of date of arrival in UK - if you entered the UK through the eGates or do not have an entry stamp in your passport, please provide boarding pass or travel ticket)
These will be communicated at a later date.
Get set up for remote learning
Once you have enrolled check you have access to suitable technology to learn remotely.
You can also:
- install a free copy of Office 365 and anti-virus software
- access the Student Portal
- find out how to manage your password