The Ulster University Doctoral College aims to:
- Attract the highest calibre of PhD researchers.
- Ensure that you receive consistently excellent research training.
- Disseminate your research findings in appropriate outlets.
- Support you to graduate within appropriate timescales.
- Help you gain postgraduate level employment which utilises your research skills, subject expertise or both.
The Doc @ Ulster University
To facilitate interdisciplinary interactions and to help you engage with other researchers, the Doctoral College has established dedicated social spaces for you on each campus:
Rich and vibrant research environment
The Ulster University Doctoral College is a rich, vibrant research environment with outstanding resources, facilities, training and support for PhD researchers and early career researchers.
We offer a wide range of postgraduate opportunities, across all disciplines, including fully funded scholarship options available for both home and international students.
Our PhD researchers benefit from a bespoke Researcher Development Programme designed to support the development of both research capacity and professional transferable skills.
- Consistently excellent support from supervisors with relevant expertise
- Provision of a comprehensive Researcher Development Programme, consisting of workshops, online training and other development opportunities.
- Bespoke PhD researcher hubs providing social and meeting space on each campus
- The establishment of the PhD Annual Conference, Doctoral Forum and other initiatives designed to encourage an interdisciplinary approach
- Rich and inclusive research culture and environment
Doctoral College Yearbook
Our PhD Researchers share their favourite memories from their time at Ulster.