Competition Privacy Notice
Data Protection Officer
Mr Eamon Mullan, University Secretary, Room J3123 Coleraine BT52 1SA, email: email@example.com
This Privacy Notice is for entrants to a competition run by Ulster University (Ulster) and explains how Ulster collects, uses and shares your personal data and explains your rights in relation to the data.
Ulster is registered as a ‘data controller’ with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
A copy of the University’s ICO registration is available at: www.ico.org.uk.
How your personal data is collected
We collect your data from the information you provide us with when you enter a competition run by Ulster.
How we use your personal data
Your data will be used for the purposes of managing and administering the competition, including notifying you if you are a winner.
Categories of personal data
- Age category
- Email address
- Telephone no.
- Description of your entry
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The University uses a range of legal bases to process your personal data including:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract – the processing is necessary for the purpose of managing and administering the competition.
- Legitimate interests – the processing is necessary to allow Ulster to administer the competition, to ensure that the competition is run fairly and to contact the competition winners.
- Public Task – the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
How long is your personal data kept
We will keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose of administering the competition.
Your rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject you have the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require Ulster to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require Ulster to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where Ulster is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- Ask Ulster to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override Ulster’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any queries about this Privacy Notice please contact the University’s Data Protection Co-ordinator, Mr Eamon Mullan, c/o Ulster University, Room J313, Cromore Road, Coleraine BT52 1SA, on telephone no. 028 7012 4533 and by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with how Ulster is processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the ICO.
Further information about your rights under the GDPR legislation are available on the ICO’s website at: www.ico.org.uk.
The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel no. 0303 123 1113
Online reporting: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/