- Former Council member, International Academy of Ceramics (IAC) (CH) representing Ireland, UK, Benelux Countries. Former Honorary Treasurer of the IAC.
- Reader in Fine and Applied Arts.
- Previous: Course Director, BA Hons Ceramics, Jewellery and Silversmithing (CJS). CJS Placement Tutor. CJS Yr2 Module and Year Co-Ordinator. Creative Ecologies Research Cluster Leader.
- Current: BA Hons Product Design Yr1 Co-Ordinator. BA PD Module Co-Ordinator for Design Fundamentals and Design Culture.
- Member of the IAC.
- Peer Mentor with the Design Crafts Council of Ireland (DCCI).
- Registered Maker, DCCI
- External Examiner, Centre of Creative Arts and Media, GMIT, Galway.
- HEA Fellow.
- Recipient, National Crafts Bursary of Ireland (DCCI).
- Selected, 2018 Korean Ceramics Biennial. Co-Curator, The Shadow of Sodeisha, National Museum of Ireland, funded by the Japan Foundation and DCCI.
Works in permanent collections
- National Museum of Ireland
- Ulster Museum
- Keramion, Germany
- Musee Ariana, CH
- Museum of Applied Arts Prague, CZ
- Mark Rothko Foundation, Latvia
- Fule Ceramics Museum, China
- New Taipei Museum, Taiwan
- Korean Ceramics Foundation
- Australian National University
- Gold Coast City Art Museum, Australia
- Clay Studio, Philadelphia
- Archie Bray Foundation, Helena, USA
Artist in Residence
- Archie Bray Foundation and The Clay Studio USA
- Banff Centre for the Arts. Medalta Historic Clay Centre, Canada
- International Ceramics Studio, Hungary
- International Ceramics Research Centre, Denmark
- Intonation, Germany
- Panevezys Civic Art Gallery, Lithuania
- Boleslaweic Clay Factory, Poland
- New Taipei Ceramics Museum, Taiwan
Research Practice focuses on the handmade object that examines a blend of traditional and contemporary creative processes. These processes examine senses of location and place as a thematic inspiration. Recent research outcomes have examined geographic positions, creative processes exploring well-being and recovery and (written) investigations with a focus on architecture and craft.