Kevin Curran joined the School of Computing and Intelligent Systems in1999. Kevin's research and teaching interests are in the areas of Computer Networks, Location Determination Technologies and Security.
Kevin's achievements include winning and managing UK & European Framework projects and Technology Transfer Schemes. Kevin hasmade significant contributions to advancing the knowledge and understanding of computer networking and systems, evidenced by over 800 published works. He is perhaps most well-known for his work on location positioning within indoor environments and Internet security. His expertise has been acknowledged by invitations to present his work at international conferences, overseas universities and research laboratories. He is a regular contributor to print, online, radio & TV news on computing & security issues. He was the recipient of an Engineering and Technology Board Visiting Lectureship for Exceptional Engineers and is an IEEE Technical Expert for Internet/Security matters since 2008. He is a member of the EPSRC Peer Review College.
Dr. Curran has chaired sessions and participated in organising committees for many highly-respected international conferences and workshops. He was the founding Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence and is also a member of numerous Journal Editorial boards and international conference organising committees. He has authored a number of books and is the recipient of various patents. He has served as an advisor to the British Computer Society in regard to the computer industry standards and is a member of BCS and IEEE Technology Specialist Groups and various other professional bodies.
Showing 1 to 5 of 359 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Aggregating Social Media Data with Temporal and Environmental Context for Recommendation in a Mobile Tour Guide SystemJournal of Hospitality and Tourism TechnologyDate: (2016)Creators: Meehan, K, Lunney, Tom, Curran, K and McCaughey, Aiden
- Location and mobility-aware routing for improving multimedia streaming performance in MANETsWireless Personal CommunicationsDate: (2016)Creators: Cadger, Fraser, Curran, K, Santos, JA and Moffett, Sandra
- Security Evaluation of the OAuth 2.0 FrameworkInformation & Knowledge ManagementDate: (2015)Creators: Ferry, E, O'Raw, J and Curran, K
- Location and Mobility-Aware Routing for Multimedia Streaming in Disaster TelemedicineAd Hoc NetworksDate: (2015)Creators: Cadger, F, Curran, K, Santos, JA and Moffett, Sandra
- Novel Smart Glove Technology as a Biomechanical Monitoring ToolSensors & TransducersDate: (2015)Creators: O'Flynn, B, Sachez, J, Tedesco, S, Downes, B, Connolly, J, Condell, J and Curran, K