Professor Jane Zheng
Professor of Computer Sciences
- School of Computing
- Research Institute
- Computer Science Research Institute
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 28 9036 6591
Prof. Huiru (Jane) Zheng is a Professor of Computer Science with School of Computing and Mathematics, a full member of Computer Science Research Institute and a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy. She was awarded a PhD in Bioinformatics in 2003 and a Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education in 2005 from Ulster University.
Prof. Zheng is an active researcher in bioinformatics and healthcare informatics. Within her broad interests in data mining, data integration, machine learning and healthcare decision support, Prof. Zheng has a particular research interest and expertise in integrative data analytics in the field of systems biology, and intelligent data analysis and assistive technology to support healthcare and independent living. She has a successful track record of winning research funding as a principal investigator and has been a grant holder of research projects funded by EPSRC, TSB, DEL, NHS, Invest NI and European Commission including SMART Self Management, NOCTURNAL, CLARCH COPD Self Management, Self Management Platform for Connected Health, CardioWorkBench, mHealth4Afrika, SenseCare and MetaPlat. The products of her research have been reflected in her over 200 peer reviewed journal and conference publications.
Prof. Zheng is an IEEE member. She serves on the editorial board of several international journals and serves as co-chairs and program committees of a number of international conferences.
Showing 1 to 10 of 240 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Combining deep residual network features with supervised machine learning algorithms to classify diverse food image datasetsComputers in Biology and MedicineDate: (2018)
- CASNMF: A Converged Algorithm for symmetrical nonnegative matrix factorizationNeurocomputingDate: (2018)
- Community effort endorsing multiscale modeling, multiscale data science and multiscale computing for systems medicineBriefings in BioinformaticsDate: (2017)
- Microbial abundance analysis and phylogenetic adoption in functional metagenomicsProceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (IEEE CIBCB 2017)Date: (2017)
- A Novel Energy-Efficient Approach for Human Activity RecognitionSensorsDate: (2017)
- An Integrative Approach for the Functional Analysis of Metagenomic StudiesIntelligent Computing Theories and ApplicationDate: (2017)
- Current Trend of Metagenomic Data Analytics for Cyanobacteria BloomsJournal of Geoscience and Environment ProtectionDate: (2017)
- Evaluating the Lifelog: a Serious Game for ReminiscenceDate: (2017)
- Integrated metagenomic analysis of the rumen microbiome of cattle reveals key biological mechanisms associated with methane traitsMethodsDate: (2017)
- Situation Awareness Inferred from Posture Transition and Location; derived from smart phone and smart home sensorsIEEE Transactions on Human-Machine SystemsDate: (2017)