Professor Huiru (Jane) Zheng
Professor of Computer Sciences
- School of Computing
- Research Institute
- Computer Science Research Institute
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 28 9036 6591
Prof. Huiru (Jane) Zheng is a Professor of Computer Science with School of Computing and Mathematics, a full member of Computer Science Research Institute and a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy. She was awarded a PhD in Bioinformatics in 2003 and a Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education in 2005 from Ulster University.
Prof. Zheng is an active researcher in bioinformatics and healthcare informatics. Within her broad interests in data mining, data integration, machine learning and healthcare decision support, Prof. Zheng has a particular research interest and expertise in integrative data analytics in the field of systems biology, and intelligent data analysis and assistive technology to support healthcare and independent living. She has a successful track record of winning research funding as a principal investigator and has been a grant holder of research projects funded by EPSRC, TSB, DEL, NHS, Invest NI and European Commission including SMART Self Management, NOCTURNAL, CLARCH COPD Self Management, Self Management Platform for Connected Health, CardioWorkBench, mHealth4Afrika, SenseCare and MetaPlat. The products of her research have been reflected in her over 200 peer reviewed journal and conference publications.
Prof. Zheng is an IEEE member. She serves on the editorial board of several international journals and serves as co-chairs and program committees of a number of international conferences.
Showing 1 to 10 of 247 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Online medication purchasing behaviour in pregnancy: a structured review of the literatureEvidence Based MidwiferyDate: (2018)
- Combining deep residual network features with supervised machine learning algorithms to classify diverse food image datasetsComputers in Biology and MedicineDate: (2018)
- CASNMF: A Converged Algorithm for symmetrical nonnegative matrix factorizationNeurocomputingDate: (2018)
- Assessing impacts of data volume and data set balance in using deep learning approach to human activity recognitionProceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference of Bioinformatics and BiomedicineDate: (2017)
- Microbial co-presence and mutual-exclusion networks in the Bovine rumen microbiomeProceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM)Date: (2017)
- A metagenomics analysis of rumen microbiomeProceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and BiomedicineDate: (2017)
- Participatory Design-based Requirements Elicitation Involving People Living with Dementia Towards a Home-based Platform to Monitor Emotional WellbeingDate: (2017)
- Community effort endorsing multiscale modeling, multiscale data science and multiscale computing for systems medicineBriefings in BioinformaticsDate: (2017)
- Machine learning approaches for cyanobacteria bloom prediction using metagenomic sequence data, a case studyProceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference in Bioinformatics and BiomedicineDate: (2017)
- Microbial abundance analysis and phylogenetic adoption in functional metagenomicsProceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (IEEE CIBCB 2017)Date: (2017)