Lecturer in Art & Design
Dan Shipsides (born 1972 Lancashire, England), Former co-director at Catalyst Arts, Belfast and is now an artist based in Orchid Studios and also a lecturer and researcher at the School of Art & Design at Ulster University in Belfast.
In 2004 Dan was awarded the ACNI Major Artist Award, in 2000 he won the Nissan Art award IMMA (Bamboo Support) Dublin and 1998 he won the Perspective award, OBG, Belfast (The Stone Bridge).
Recent solo and group exhibitions/projects include;
- The MAC, Belfast (Still out out of the woods),
- Aliceday gallery, Brussels (Vigil | Star),
- South London Gallery (Games & Theory),
- Castlefield Gallery, Manchester (Radical Architecture),
- Wings Project Art Space, Switzerland (Performance),
- Arnolfini Gallery, Bristol (Elastic Frontiers),
- Konsthall C / Lava Kulturhuset. Stockholm,
- Sweden (Under plattan, ängen!),
- Galerie Wandelbar, Gstaad, Switzerland (Flat-pack Vertigo),
- ACT, Canberra, Australia (24-7 / Dwell).
- Platform, Istanbul (Hit & Run),
- Confederation Gallery, PEI, Canada (Beauty Queens/Pioneers)
- HEDAH, Maastricht (Rochers à Fontainebleau),
- Riga Sculpture quadrennial,
- Latvia (European Space),
- Golden Thread Gallery, Belfast (Beta),
- Rialto Santimbrogio, Rome (Think Over),
- Temple Bar Gallery, Dublin (Pioneers),
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney (Sporting Life).
- Smart Project Space, Amsterdam (Endure).
- The Alpine Club (Art&Mountains)
- Gimpel Fils Gallery (Nature/Culture)
- Melbourne International Biennial, Australia (Signs of Life).
- Centre Chorégraphique National de Montpellier, France (Edelweiss).
- Consortium Gallery, Amsterdam (the notice in this factory is Thursday).
- Art Gallery of Mississuaga and Art Gallery of Victoria, Canada (Performing Generations).