Professor Christopher Nugent
Head of School of Computing
- School of Computing
- Research Institute
- Computer Science Research Institute
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 28 9036 8330
Chris is the Director of the Computer Science Research Institute and holds the position of Professor of Biomedical Engineering. He is based within the School of Computing and Mathematics at Ulster University.
He received a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Systems and DPhil in Biomedical Engineering both from Ulster University. Chris joined the University as a Research Fellow in 1999 and was appointed as Lecture in Computer Science in 2000. Following this he held positions of Senior Lecture and Reader within the Faculty of Computing and Engineering before his appointment as Professor of Biomedical Engineering in 2008. In 2016 he was awarded the Senior Distinguished Research Fellowship from Ulster University,
His research within biomedical engineering addresses the themes of the development and evaluation of technologies to support ambient assisted living. Specifically, this has involved research in the topics of mobile based reminding solutions, activity recognition and behaviour modelling and more recently technology adoption modelling. He has published extensively in these areas with papers spanning theoretical, clinical and biomedical engineering domains. He has been a grant holder of Research Projects funded by National, European and International funding bodies.
Chris is the Group Leader of the Smart Environments Research Group and also the co-PI of the Connected Health Innovation Centre at Ulster University.
Showing 1 to 10 of 422 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- A Secure, Out-of-Band, Mechanism to Manage Internet of Things devicesUbiquitous Computing and Ambient IntelligenceDate: (2017)
- SensorCentral: A Research Oriented, Device Agnostic, Sensor Data PlatformUbiquitous Computing and Ambient IntelligenceDate: (2017)
- A Holistic Technology-Based Solution for Prevention and Management of Diabetic Foot ComplicationsDate: (2017)
- A two-staged approach to developing and evaluating an ontology for delivering personalised education to diabetic patientsInformatics for Health and Social CareDate: (2017)
- Exploring an Open Data Initiative Ontology for Shareable Smart Environment Experimental DatasetsDate: (2017)
- Rich Context Information for Just-In-Time Adaptive Intervention promoting physical activityDate: (2017)
- Using computer, mobile and wearabletechnology enhanced interventions toreduce sedentary behaviour: a systematicreview and meta-analysisInternational Journal of Behavioural Nutrition and Physical ActivityDate: (2017)
- Evaluating the Lifelog: a Serious Game for ReminiscenceDate: (2017)
- Community-Based Trials of Mobile Solutions for the Detection and Management of Cognitive DeclineHealth Technology LettersDate: (2017)
- A Multi-modal Virtual Coach for Behavior ChangeDate: (2017)