Dr Caterina Brandoni Lecturer in Energy
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 66988
Dr Caterina Brandoni (MEng, PhD) is lecturer in Energy at Ulster University since February 2014 and she is a member of the Centre for Sustainable Technologies. Her research focuses on energy and sustainable development. Notably, her scientific activity contributes to two main research areas: i) optimal management of micro-generation systems and ii) local energy planning. She has published several scientific publications in these areas. She is currently participating in H2020-Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions-RISE, "GRAGE- Green and Grey in Europe: elderly living in the urban areas".
She is member of EU Cost Action NEREUS 'New and Emerging challenges and opportunities in wastewater reuse'. She has been member of the IEA Annex 54 "Micro-generation and related energy technologies in Buildings", aimed at developing an in-depth analysis of micro-generation and other associated technologies. She has been involved in the development of several Municipal Energy Master Plans that contributed to the development of the European City-Sec Project, for helping municipalities in becoming Sustainable Energy Communities. Her research has been accepted for several contributed sessions in International Congresses, some of which as invited speaker.
Showing 1 to 5 of 26 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- HOMER analysis of the water and renewable energy nexus for water-stressed urban areas in Sub-Saharan AfricaJournal of Cleaner ProductionDate: (2016)Creators: Brandoni, Caterina and Bosniakovic, Branko
- Geopolitical analysis of the water and renewable energy nexus for urban areas of water-stressed African river basinsDate: (2015)Creators: null
- Optimal sizing of hybrid solar micro-CHP systems for the household sectorApplied Thermal EngineeringDate: (2015)Creators: Brandoni, Caterina and Renzi, Massimiliano
- Assessing the impact of micro-generation technologies on local sustainabilityEnergy Conversion and ManagementDate: (2014)Creators: Brandoni, Caterina, Arteconi, Alessia, Ciriachi, Giovanni and Polonara, Fabio
- Simulation of hybrid renewable microgeneration systems for variable electricity pricesApplied Thermal EngineeringDate: (2014)Creators: Brandoni, Caterina, Renzi, Massimiliano, Caresana, Flavio and Polonara, Fabio