Christine Blaney Senior Lecturer
- Belfast School of Art
- +44 (0)28 953 67221
Christine Blaney studied Illustration and Design at Ulster University, Central Saint Martins, and Goldsmiths University of London. She has worked for a wide range of clients including the British Council, The Medici Society, Ideal Home magazine, Oxford University Press and Tango Books (Viking Penguin USA).
Christine taught Art and Design at Holland Park School in Notting Hill, London for four years and taught English in Spain for a year. She has exhibited work in London and Belfast including at the Royal College of Art; Macmillan Prize exhibition and the RUA. Christine’s work was jury selected in 2012 for the Best of British Illustration ‘Images’ book for the Association of Illustrators, Somerset House, London.
Her main areas of practice and research are illustration and moving image and she is passionate about the use of drawing to engage students across different disciplines. She has worked on a range of drawing projects including; Drawing Unlimited, the Big Draw and the Illustration Society (Garfield Weston funding award 2013) and received a national award from the Art Design Media-Higher Education Academy (ADM-HEA) for the Linked Project 2010/11. Christine has worked on external collaborative projects with the Ulster Museum, the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission, and ophthalmic surgeons using illustration, drawing and animation to communicate to new audiences. Work from the projects has been exhibited at the Golden Thread Gallery, Belfast Exposed, and currently at the Ulster Museum.
Showing 1 to 5 of 8 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Images 36 The Best of British Illustration Baba and BooImages 36 Best of New British IllustrationDate: (2012)Creators: Blaney, Christine
- The Linked Project Interim ReportDate: (2011)Creators: Blaney, Christine
- The Linked ProjectDate: (2011)Creators: Blaney, Christine
- Drawing UnlimitedDate: (2010)Creators: Blaney, Christine
- WordscapeMarginalized Young People: Inclusion Through ICTDate: (2008)Creators: Blaney, Christine and McComish, Liam