Professor Aine McKillop
Associate Dean (Education)
Professor Aine McKillop holds a BSc Hons and PhD from Queen’s University, Belfast and an MSc from Ulster University.
She was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Queen’s University, Belfast (1996-98) and Ulster University (1998-2002) before taking up appointment as Lecturer in Clinical Biochemistry at Ulster University in 2002., Aine was promoted to Professor of Biomedical Sciences in 2013.
She has over 18 years experience in diabetes research with specific expertise in clinical biomarkers and novel receptor targets in pancreatic islets.
Aine has authored of over 60 peer-reviewed publications (h-index 15) and presentations at national and international conferences. She is a member of a number of professional societies and committees and holds patents with involvement in commercialisation of novel technologies.
- Novel therapeutic targets for diabetes
- Role of GPCRS in diabetes
- Diagnostic biomarkers for early detection of diabetes
- Clinical biochemistry and diabetes proteomics
- Clinical and Nutritional Biochemistry and Pathology
- Academic Coordinator for Teaching and Learning in the Faculty of Life and Health Sciences