Ulster University's international reputation for research excellence has received world-wide recognition by the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
72% of Ulster University's research activity judged to be world leading or internationally excellent.
Results for Ulster University
Overall quality profile (percentage of research activity at each quality level).
- 4 star - Quality that is world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- 3 star - Quality that is internationally excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour but which falls short of the highest standards of excellence.
- 2 star - Quality that is recognised internationally in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- 1 star - Quality that is recognised nationally in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- Unclassified - Quality that falls below the standard of nationally recognised work. Or work which does not meet the published definition of research for the purposes of this assessment.
|UOA||Title||FTE Category A staff submitted||4 star||3 star||2 star||1 star||Unclassified|
|3A||Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy: Nursing and Health Science||32.15||23||63||10||3||1|
|3B||Allied Health Professions, Dentistry, Nurisng and Pharmacy: Biomedical Sciences||74.10||39||48||12||0||1|
|4||Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience||22.00||13||40||40||6||1|
|7||Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences||18.40||9||46||40||5||0|
|11||Computer Science & Informatics||39.60||9||56||29||6||0|
|13||Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials||19.00||11||68||20||1||0|
|16||Architecture,Built Environment and Planning||38.00||25||47||25||3||0|
|19||Business and Management Studies||22.40||30||40||28||1||1|
|21||Politics and International Studies||10.75||7||49||39||5||0|
|22||Social Work and Social Policy||21.20||26||44||28||2||0|
|26||Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism||13.20||14||51||27||8||0|
|28A||Modern Languages and Linguistics: Celtic Studies||10.60||25||41||30||3||1|
|28B||Modern Languages and Linguistics: Modern Languages and Linguistics||12.40||9||41||35||13||2|
|29||English Language & Literature||12.90||16||58||25||0||1|
|34||Art and Design: History, Practice and Theory||24.80||47||32||19||2||0|
|35||Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts||13.40||28||36||35||1||0|
|36||Communication, Cultural and Media Studies, Library and Information Management||16.40||21||39||22||12||6|