Every Office in the University has network points for the connection and networking of computers and laptops.
However, not all network points are active. There are more cabled network points than there are available network switch ports.
Therefore, there is only a selection of the available network points that is active within each block.
Most offices have at least one active network point.
If a user moves into a new office or is in an office and requires a new network point or an additional network point made active, they should first test the unused network points in the office in case one of these is currently active.
Contact the Service Desk to get a network point enabled if there are no working network points available in the office.
- User plugs their PC into other network points in room in case other points are live and can be used.
- If no available live network points in room, then user makes a request to Service Desk to get network point made active. Office room number and network point number details should be included in request.
- Service Desk will forward request to appropriate member of campus Network Team.
- Network Team member will make network point live.
- User will be informed that network point is now active.
How to obtain help
How to contact the Service Desk
Service Desk Hours
Semester 1 and 2
Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday – Sunday 1pm – 5pm
All other times except extended closure
Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Friday 8am - 4pm
Extended Closure - Easter and Christmas Holidays
Service Metrics (KPI/SLA statement)
Subject to network switch ports being available, the Network Team will:
- Enable an existing network point within one working day of referral from Service Desk.
- Enable a new network point within one working day of receipt of acceptable test results.
Any staff or postgraduate student working for the University