Professor Gareth Davison
Research Director - Sport & Exercise Sciences
- School of Sport
- Research Institute
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Research Institute
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 28 9036 6664
Gareth is currently Professor of exercise biochemistry and physiology within the Sport and Exercise Sciences Research Institute at Ulster. He graduated from the Ulster University with a BA Hons and an MSc. He was awarded his PhD in biochemistry and physiology in 2002 and is a fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine. He is the current Director of the Exercise Biochemistry and Physiology Research Laboratories at Ulster.
Professor Davison has published widely in the area of exercise biochemistry and medicine, and his work can be read in many high impact factor journals such as Free Radical Biology and Medicine, Free Radical Research, Diabetologia, Diabetes, Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise and Clinical Science.
He has attracted significant grant income and has conducted many successful research projects with local government agencies and international organisations. Professor Davison has a successful record of PhD student completions, and has examined postgraduate research degrees at several national (Ireland and UK) and international universities.
Showing 1 to 10 of 115 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Blood Flow Regulation and Oxidative Stress During Submaximal Cycling Exercise in Patients with Cystic FibrosisJournal of Cystic FibrosisDate: (2017)
- Exercise Redox Biochemistry: Conceptual, Methodological and Technical RecommendationsRedox BiologyDate: (2017)
- The Effects of Montmorency Tart Cherry ConcentrateSupplementation on Recovery Following Prolonged,Intermittent ExerciseNutrientsDate: (2016)
- Perceptions of fatigue and sleep dysfunction and barriers to exercise in people with fibromyalgia syndrome: a focus group studyDate: (2016)
- Exercise and Oxidative Damage in Nucleoid DNA Quantified Using Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis: Present and Future ApplicationFrontiers in PhysiologyDate: (2016)
- Effects of Intensity on Post-Exercise Cytokine and Oxidative Stress LevelsMedicine & Science in Sports and ExerciseDate: (2016)
- Effects of Beetroot Juice on Recovery and Performance Between Bouts of Repeated Sprint ExerciseMedicine & Science in Sports and ExerciseDate: (2016)
- The effect of a classroomactivity break on physical activity levels andadiposity in primary school childrenJournal of Paediatrics and Child HealthDate: (2016)
- Editorial - Exercise, Free Radical Metabolism, and Aging: Cellular and Molecular ProcessesOxidative Medicine and Cellular LongevityDate: (2016)
- Lipoprotein subfraction oxidation in acute exercise and ageingFree Radical ResearchDate: (2015)