The University of Ulster is on the hunt for the Placement Employers of the Year.
The competition recognises the contribution that employers have made to Ulster student development through work experience in the past 12 months.
Some of the country’s top companies compete for the prizes and leaders of local and national enterprises are expected to attend a gala ceremony at the Jordanstown campus in May.
Among the winners in 2010 were Department of Radiology at Causeway Hospital, IBM UK Ltd. and Partnership Care West.
In preparation for the 2011 competition, University of Ulster placement Employers, Students and University staff are invited to submit a proposal using the online application form at http://pa.ulster.ac.uk/.
Categories of awards are:
- Over 50 employees – Placement Employer of the Year Award (6 months plus)
- Up to 50 employees – Placement Employer of the Year Award (6 months plus)
- Public sector Placement Employer of the Year Award
- Short-term Placement Employer of the Year Award
- Placement Employer of the Year Award as nominated by an Ulster student (open only to full-time students who have returned from placement)
- Placement Employer of the Year Award as nominated by a staff member at Ulster.
Work Experience Development Officer Seamus McConomy said: "The deadline for submissions will be 1 February 2011, after which a shortlist of nominations for each award category will be drawn up and presented on the Ulster Placement Employer of the Year Awards website.
"Nominations will be judged by an expert panel representing industry and professional bodies/agencies and the winners for each category decided."
Winning entries will be announced at a black tie ceremony on the evening of 5 May 2011 in the Loughview suite at the Jordanstown campus.