Library e-Payments Terms & Conditions
More information: Guide to E-payments
IMPORTANT: By submitting a payment through any of the Ulster University online-payments sites you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms, please do not proceed with the submission of your payment.
This online payment system is provided by the University and its third party suppliers. The University may update these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:
- The University cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card suppliers for any reason; and
- If the card supplier declines payment , the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to our attention. You should check with your bank//credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
University Finance and IT Polices
View more information on University IT polices.
Fines are one of the mechanisms the Library uses to encourage the return on time of books borrowed. Their sole purpose is to ensure that books that have been loaned are back on the shelves available to other users to borrow. Outstanding fines need to be resolved and should not be ignored. The Library encourages anyone who has concerns with either the imposition of a particular fine or the amount of fines owing to speak directly to Library staff to discuss the matter.
The Library Fines e-Payments Pathway
- The Library e-Payments pathway offers a convenient and secure way for borrowers to pay fines owed over the Internet at a time and place of their choosing, whether on or off campus.
- The Library e-Payments pathway is available only to registered members of the University who have an Ulster username and password.
- It is accessible through the Library My Account facility either directly from Library catalogue or via a link in the Library Portal pages.
- The Library e-Payments pathway runs as an unattended service.
- Payments made for Fines are not refundable.
- Payments for fines are subject to the University's general Financial Guidelines.
- Cards without 3D Security may not be accepted. If you have a transaction refused please contact your card issuer.
The e-Payment service is subject to a maximum payment of £32.00 in any one transaction. If fines of more than £32 are due you will be asked to discuss the matter with a member of Library staff in order to see how best to resolve the issue.
Fine charges for overdue loans vary according to how heavily in demand a particular title is likely to be; details of what this means and the charges themselves can be found on the Library Borrowing page.
Please refer to our website for contact details and user guides or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.