Who can borrow a laptop?
All registered students in good standing with the Library.
How can I borrow a laptop?
- 24 laptops are available from the Information Point. It is not possible to reserve them.
- They are issued to your student card.
- Do not lend the laptop to anyone else or leave it unattended, except in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- They can be borrowed during Library opening hours but MUST be returned 30 minutes before the library closes.
What's available on the laptops?
They all run Windows 10 with:
- Eduroam (Wifi Network)
- MS Office
- Internet Explorer
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Can I print?
You can print from laptops by:
- emailing the document you want to print to firstname.lastname@example.org
- uploading documents for printing to the PaperCut Portal
Further information on the mobile printing service is available from Digital Services.
What are my responsibilities?
You must adhere to the following Laptop Loan Terms and Conditions:
- Must have a valid Student ID card.
- Laptops must be returned 30 minutes before the library closes.
- Students must return any laptop on loan before another can be borrowed.
- Laptops can be used outside the Library, but must not be taken off-campus.
- Students are responsible for the laptop during the loan period.
- Notify a member of Library staff of any loss, theft or damage to the laptop.
- Save your work to OneDrive in Office 365 or a USB storage device
- Library is not responsible for data loss incurred whilst using the laptop.
- Connect to Eduroam, before logging into laptop using student email and network password.
- Restart the laptop before return.
- Comply with the following University policies: