Who can borrow a laptop?
All registered students in good standing with the Library. You must have a valid student ID card to borrow a laptop.
How can I borrow a laptop?
- Laptops are available from either self-service units in the library (Belfast) or the Information Point (Coleraine & Magee). Full details of laptop availability at each campus library can be below. It is not possible to reserve laptops.
- They are issued to your student card.
- Do not lend the laptop to anyone else or leave it unattended, except in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- Laptops available at information points can be borrowed during Library opening hours but MUST be returned 30 minutes before the library closes at the latest.
- Self-service laptops are available 24 hours a day for loan periods of 4 hours.
- Students may only borrow one laptop at a time and can borrow another upon return of any previous laptop loan.
What's available on the laptops?
They all run Windows 10 with:
- Eduroam (Wifi Network)
- MS Office
- Edge browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Can I print?
You can print from laptops by:
- emailing the document you want to print to firstname.lastname@example.org
- uploading documents for printing to the PaperCut Portal
Further information on the mobile printing service is available from Digital Services.
What are my responsibilities?
You must adhere to the following Laptop Loan Terms and Conditions:
- You must have a valid student ID card to borrow a laptop.
- Laptops borrowed from the information point must be returned 30 minutes before the library closes at the latest; self-service laptops are loaned for 4 hours at a time.
- Laptops can be used outside the Library, but must not be taken off-campus.
- If your battery is running low, return the laptop and borrow another one; students must return any laptop on loan before another can be borrowed.
- Save your work frequently to OneDrive or removable storage.
- Library cannot be held responsible for damage to files or data loss.
- No personal software or programs may be installed on the laptops.
- The laptop is for personal use only. You must not borrow for someone else.
- Do not leave a laptop unattended.
- Once issued, the laptop is your responsibility, which includes liability for loss or theft that may result in a charge for repair or replacement value; notify a member of Library staff of any loss, theft or damage to the laptop.
- Restart the laptop before return.
- Whilst using a laptop you must adhere to the university’s Acceptable Use Code of Practice: