The new learning spaces on our campuses give us a great opportunity to reflect on our practice and enhance it by taking advantage of the opportunities they provide through:
- Sequencing of learning activities: Week by week and in session
- Planning for out of classroom activities
- Encouraging on campus learning
- Technology-based self study
- Using all spaces available, both formal/informal and physical/digital
Below you will find a number of resources that will help you design learning activities.
Active Learning Activity Cards
- View Overview Card
- View Teaching and Learning Card
- View Active Learning Card
- View Flipped Learning Card
- View Enquiry Based Learning Card
- Large Group Teaching
- View Learning Spaces Card - View our learning spaces on our campuses
- View Inclusive Practice Card
CCBYNC Richard Beggs, CHERP, Ulster University
Integrated Curriculum Design Framework (ICDF)
CHERP's ICDF provides staff with templates and guidance around curriculum design, in particular the Module Design Planner offers opportunities for staff to reflect on and enhance their learning outcomes and plan their activities both in class and out of class over a 12 week semester identifying the learning environment required, contact time, reading lists and study time activities on campus.
CCBYNC Colette Murphy, CHERP, Ulster University
Find out more about digital capabilities and why they are important; along with information about the Jisc Digital Capabilities Framework, role profiles and the Jisc Discovery Tool, to reflect on and develop your digital capabilities.
Large Group Teaching
Need some inspiration on how to manage a large group and embed activities into your learning design? Look at our Large Group Teaching Infographic.
Download PDF version CCBYNC Richard Beggs, CHERP, Ulster University
Flipped Learning support at Ulster
Flipped learning is a blended approach to learning and teaching that uses online resources such as video lecture, PDF or article for students to review, so that passive learning is done prior to class. Lecture time is then used for activities based around that week's topic.
Listen to some student digital stories that reflect on their Higher Education journey, the challenges they faced and overcame.