How to apply as an Exchange/Study Abroad Student
Learn more about how to apply as a Study Abroad or Exchange Student
Applying as an Exchange/Study Abroad Student
Before you submit an online application, you will need to confirm that your home university has a student exchange/study abroad agreement with us.
Important update: EEA nationals (excluding nationals of the Republic of Ireland) entering the UK on or after 01/01/21 will be subject to UK immigration controls.
From 01/01/21, EEA nationals entering the UK for study of up to 6 months will require immigration permission as a visitor; this can be applied for at the UK border. EEA nationals entering the UK for study of more than 6 months will require immigration permission through the Student route; this must be applied for in advance of travelling to the UK.
EEA nationals entering the UK on or before 31/12/20 will be entitled to stay in the UK until 30/06/21. Any EEA national wishing to remain in the UK beyond 30/06/21 must submit an application to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) on or before 30/06/21.
The status of EEA nationals who are already inside the UK and have submitted applications to the EU Settlement Scheme, is unaffected by this change to the immigration rules.
Your home institution will be required to send an email nomination on your behalf to email@example.com
Nominations must include the following:
- Applicant's full name
- E-mail address
- Proposed length of stay (Semester 1, 2 or both)
- Subject area
- Level (Undergraduate or Postgraduate)
In order to assess your application your latest transcript is required from your home institution, this must include your current Grade Point Average (GPA) and modules (classes) completed to date. We can accept official or unofficial transcripts; unofficial transcripts must have clear evidence that they have been formally issued by your home institution, such as through a watermark or logo/crest.
Our GPA requirement is 3.0 or equivalent
ALL transcripts submitted must include:
- Name of your home institution/university
- Name of your programme of study, course or major
- List of all completed modules (courses) to date
- GPA or equivalent
Please note we only accept transcripts in English. If your original transcript is not in English, you must provide an official translation.
Invitation to Apply
Once we receive your nomination e-mail and transcript, you will be invited to apply.
Submit your application
Go to the online application portal
1. Create a log in ID and password
- the login ID must be unique to you and up to 9 characters
- the PIN must be six numeric characters
- remember these details as you will be able to save and return to your application as many times as you like before finally submitting it.
2. From the drop-down menu select the application type: Exchange/Study Abroad.
3. In the programme choice drop down menu select Erasmus or Study Abroad.
4. Enter your campus, subject and semester of study. If you are an Erasmus student, you will need your home institution Erasmus code.
Once your application is received you may be asked to provide evidence of your English Language.
You will receive an e-mail once your application has been accepted.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.