Page content

Do I need a TB test?

You need a TB test if you live in one of the countries/regions specified by UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and you wish to come to the UK for more than six months.

Please note if you have lived in any of the listed counties for any period  during  the six months prior to your visa application you will now be required to provide a valid TB certificate.

You do not need a TB test if you have lived  continuously for six months or more in a country  that does not require TB screening.

What is the TB test?

The TB test is a chest x-ray.

You must get the test at a UKVI approved clinic.

You will get a certificate which is valid for six months. You must include this certificate with your Student visa application.