SharePoint Online is a mobile-friendly technology platform included in the University's Microsoft Office 365 offering.
SharePoint Online is a mobile-friendly technology platform included in the University's Microsoft Office 365 offering. SharePoint is used to create websites. You can then use these sites as a secure place to store, organize, share, and access documents from any device. All you need is a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Login to http://portal.office.com using your University email address and standard password
- Navigate to the App Launcher in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Select the SharePoint icon
- Check with your local IT Support if there is an existing SharePoint site already set up for your team. You can also search the SharePoint Landing page for existing sites.
- If you do not have access to a site and you feel you should, usually the site will offer you the option to request access. Alternatively, you can contact the site owner directly and request access. If you do not know who the site owner is then contact the Digital Services IT Service Desk.
- If there is no existing site for your team, then please use the Request a SharePoint Site form to create your own site. Note, a SharePoint site can only be requested by a member of staff.
How to obtain help
- Enrolled students can be granted access by site owners.
- All staff can be granted access. They can also request a new SharePoint site using the Request a SharePoint Site form
- Associates can be granted access by site owners.
ICT Applications Delivery