A global market leader within the in vitro diagnostics industry, Randox Laboratories develops innovative diagnostic solutions for hospitals, clinical, research and molecular labs, food testing, forensic toxicology, veterinary labs and life sciences.
UU Sport Partnership
Randox partnership with Ulster University sport commenced in 2017 when they supported a GAA tour of China as part of the university’s wider programme of engagement in key international markets, sponsored by Randox. In 2018, Randox signed a two-year agreement sponsoring all UUSU sport supplying kit and equipment for 70 sports clubs across the University including basketball, GAA, hockey and soccer
- Randox branding on all competitive jerseys and UUSU Sport promotional material
- Randox is the main sponsor of the Freshers Fair and the University’s Colours Sports Awards
In September 2017, a partnership between Invest Northern Ireland, Ulster University, Randox Laboratories and Heartsine Technologies saw the creation of a new £7.3m BioDevices Lab. The lab offers expertise and state of the art equipment to assist companies to develop prototypes for the biomedical, engineering, electronic device and aerospace sectors.
- A collaborative space which brings together expert researchers, industry professionals and end users and combines this with advanced prototyping technologies
- The lab assists manufacturing companies who wish to develop new products
- Considerably reduces products time to market
We have made significant investments within Northern Ireland, in both R&D infrastructure and now in helping aspirational scientists at Ulster University to develop the critical skills to make a positive difference to patient healthcare around the world. We are unapologetically ambitious in our determination to cement Northern Ireland's reputation as a global hub for life sciences and our own position as a worldwide leader.
Dr Peter Fitzgerald, Randox Founder and Managing Director
Industrial PhD Academy
In May 2018, Ulster University and Randox Laboratories launched a £5 million skills development initiative to support up to ten individuals annually through PhD level study in the Life Sciences sector, which is a major boost for Northern Ireland’s future economy, life sciences industry and global patient healthcare.
- Enhances Randox’s competitiveness in the growing global healthcare sector
- Encourages the development of advanced, higher level skills in key industry sectors Reinforces Ulster University’s position as one of the top universities for biomedical related research impact
“Randox is passionate about fostering talent – whether that be in sport or science – and about promoting health and wellbeing across the age spectrum, we see the sponsorship as a brilliant opportunity to nurture the young sporting talents of Northern Ireland.”
Lyndsay Rodgerson, Senior Recruitment Consultant, Randox Laboratories
Dr Peter FitzGerald - Randox-Ulster University PhD Academy
Randox-Ulster University PhD Academy - Let's hear it from the students
Randox Centres of Excellence
In February 2018, Randox announced it will invest £50 million in Centres of Excellence focusing on clinical diagnostics, engineering biosciences and quality control. The project, which will strengthen collaborative partnerships between Randox, Queen’s University Belfast and Ulster University, will accelerate the development of new technologies and drive healthcare improvements regionally, nationally and across the globe.
- A step towards earlier and more accurate diagnosis, to identify those at the earliest stages of illness, ideally before the onset of any symptoms
- Accelerates the development of new technologies and drives healthcare improvements regionally, nationally and across the globe Strengthens collaborative partnerships between Randox, Queen’s University Belfast and Ulster University
The APEX Programme is a unique career package which offers first year students a paid 8-week summer work experience between first and second year, a paid placement year in their third year of study and, finally, a graduate job if they complete their degree with a 2:1 or above.
- Increases employability, work experience and graduate recruitment levels
- Creates an industry ready talent pipeline of students for Randox
Mind Your Mood
For the year 2018/19, Randox has chosen student mental health charity Mind Your Mood as one of its official charity partners. The company will be fundraising through a range of events and initiatives throughout the year, including individual staff fundraising activities, its annual staff fun day, Randox Fest, and it’s popular Christmas Raffle.
- Randox helps support those affected by mental ill-health across Northern Ireland.
- Randox hopes to encourage staff to effectively manage their feelings when they’re stressed, worried or depressed, learn simple practical skills to help cope with their own challenges, and support their colleagues with theirs.
- Ulster University students receive a discount on Randox revolutionary health checks
We welcome opportunities for collaboration, partnership and knowledge-exchange.
For more information on these projects or indeed forming a corporate partnership with Ulster University contact Karen Delgado.
Head of Corporate Engagement
At Ulster we actively partner with industry to benefit both business and our communities through scholarships, sponsorships, corporate giving and bespoke partnerships.
To discuss your CSR objectives or if you’re not sure who to talk to about working with Ulster University, give us a call and we’ll put you in touch with the right person.