School Sport Legacy Programme
A unique sports participation programme.
The School Sport Legacy Programme (SSLP) is a unique sports participation programme facilitated via a partnership between Ulster University Sports Outreach, National Governing Bodies of Sport and a range of partner schools.
SO recruits and quality assures an Ulster University, School of Sport student who is then deployed to schools on a year long full time placement (September to June).
SSLP specifically aims to raise participation levels in a range of minority sports such as athletics, badminton, basketball and hockey. All students are fully vetted, must complete compulsory training and must meet University quality assurance standards prior to deployment.
SSLP has been operational since 2009/10 engaging over 10,000 children annually.
- Targeted Group – Secondary and Primary Schools (KS2 / KS3 / KS4/ KS5)
- Duration: September – June (full time placement within a school)
- Delivery Method: Practical
- Facilities Required: Sports/ Assembly Hall
- Equipment Required: Provided by SO / Host School / National Governing Body of Sport
- Application process: Schools wishing to host a student on this programme must apply directly to SO annually. For more information on application process please contact SO directly.
- Awarded a London 2012 Inspire Mark.