Youth Engagement through Sport
Sport and physical activity, personal development and raising aspirations programme.
The YES programme aims to introduce young men (13-18 years old) from disadvantaged or underrepresented communities to the concept of Higher Education via a sport and physical activity, personal development and raising aspirations programme.
As part of the YES programme, participants work towards the successful completion of an Ulster University accredited Continuous Personal and Professional Development (CPPD) Module.
YES has been operational since 2012/13 with 92% of participants passing the CPPD modules delivered as part of the programme.
- Targeted Group: Secondary Schools (KS3/4)
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Session Length: 10 x 75 minute sessions
- Delivery Method: Practical / Theory
- Facilities Required: Sports/ Assembly Hall
- Equipment Required: Provided by SO
- Maximum Participants: 20
- Cost: FREE