Sport for LIFE
Health intervention aimed at Key Stage 2 children.
Sport for LIFE (Living, Integration, Fun, Education) is a multi-award winning physical activity and health intervention aimed at Key Stage 2 children.
It is designed to increase knowledge and awareness of the benefits of participating in sport and physical activity and healthy eating.
Sport for LIFE has been operational since 2009/10 and has been delivered to over 6000 children in 200+ Primary Schools across the Island of Ireland.
- Targeted Group: Primary Schools (KS2)
- Duration: Sport for LIFE can be delivered as either a 12 week (standard) or 6 week (tailored) programme.
- Session length: 60 minute sessions
- Delivery Method: Practical
- Facilities Required: Sports/ Assembly Hall
- Equipment Required: Provided by SO
- Maximum Participants: 30
- Cost: FREE
- World Health Organisation endorsement as a best practice case study in promoting physical activity and health to underprivileged groups.
- Schools for Health in Europe (SHE) endorsement as a best practice case study in promoting physical activity and health in a school setting to disadvantaged and vulnerable young people.
- Awarded a London 2012 Inspire Mark.
For further information please view www.sportforlife.eu