A 10 week theory and practical based programme for Primary and/or Special Schools.
The SportABILITY programme has been designed in partnership with Disability Sports Northern Ireland (DSNI).
It is a 10 week theory and practical based programme for Primary and/or Special Schools aimed at providing participation opportunities in physical activity for young people with mild to moderate intellectual and/or physical disabilities.
SportABILITY has been operational since 2012/13 and has been delivered to over 200 children to date.
- Targeted Group: Primary Schools (KS2/KS3)
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Session length: 60 minute sessions
- Delivery Method: Practical/theory
- Facilities Required: Sports/ Assembly Hall
- Equipment Required: Provided by SO
- Maximum Participants: 30
- Cost: FREE