Process now open for 2019.
The annual Professoriate Progression cycle is now underway.
The University has a well-established system to measure and recognise the performance of Professors against agreed annual targets/objectives set by Executive Deans/Heads of School/ Research Directors. This system affords opportunity for Professors to progress to the next point within their professorial band dependent upon performance. Progression within a band is not< automatic.
Also there is an opportunity for Professors to progress to the next Professoriate Band and each ‘candidate’ will be assessed rigorously against detailed criteria for the relevant Professoriate Salary Band and Pathway, again progression from one band to the next will not be automatic.
Further guidance, criteria for each of the four Professoriate Bands within the three recognised pathways plus the pro-forma (PP.3/19) are available below.
Guidance Notes for Candidates
Criteria for progression through the Professoriate Salary Bands and Pathways
- Learning and Teaching Profile 2019
- Learning and Teaching B1-B2
- Learning and Teaching B2-B3
- Learning and Teaching B3-B4
- Research and Development Profile 2019
- Research and Development B1-B2
- Research and Development B2-B3
- Research and Development B3-B4
- Academic Enterprise Profile 2019
- Academic Enterprise B1-B2
- Academic Enterprise B2-B3
- Academic Enterprise B3-B4