- Provision of a secure, environmentally controlled environment with uninterruptible power supply for rack mountable servers upon completion of ICT Infrastructure Application for Hosting Server in Data Centre.
- Administrator/Root password must be provided securely to the Data Centre and Operations Manager for emergency access.
- Physical monitoring of server status will be done.
- Remote access to server will be given to system administrators.
- Physical access will be granted, upon request, and availability of Data Centre and Operations staff.
- Complete the 2 application forms listed below.
- Submit to the Service Desk.
- Data Centre and Operations Manager will contact the applicant to discuss physical arrangements
- Application for Housing Server in Data Centre from Data Centre & Operations Manager.
- Server Connection Application Form
How to obtain help
The Service Desk will provide support to those unable to avail of it through the Service Catalog Entry and self-help resources.
- There shall be no cost charged for Research or Departmental servers.
- There will be a charge levied for external applications dependent upon physical size and power requirements. This cost will be negotiated with the Head of ICT Infrastructure.
Service Desk Metrics (KPI/SLA statement)
- Availability will be arranged as convenient to both parties after size requirements are considered.
- For external applications a Service Level Agreement, including KPIs, will be negotiated and reviewed.
- System Administrator from an external company.
- Head of Department requiring an application hosted on an ISD virtual server.
- System Administrator of physical server purchased through the University's Finance Department with approval of owner, normally of University department.