The Doctoral College was proud to host the inaugural Festival of PhD Research at Ulster from 4-6 June across three of our campuses.
The Festival was a wonderful way to showcase and celebrate PhD research excellence under the University's key strategic research themes of:
- Creativity and Culture
- Social Renewal
- Sustainability and Healthy Communities
Over 100 PhD Researchers took part in the Festival with some giving presentations and submitting posters, while others chaired sessions.
The Festival was attended by a further 200 PhD Researchers across the University as well as their Supervisors who came along to show their support.
We awarded prizes at each campus for Best Presentation and Best Poster.
Congratulations to our winners!
- Best Presentation Winner: Temilola Olanrewaju
- Best Presentation Runner Up: Natasha McClelland
- Best Poster: Tamsyn Redpath
- Best Presentation Winner: Lauren O'Neill
- Best Presentation Runner Up:
- Best Poster: Richard Ward
- Best Presentation Winner: Anita Rowe
- Best Presentation Runner Up: Rosemary Kelly
- Best Poster: Victoria Singer
The Festival ended with a very exciting Final of the 2018 Vitae Three Minute Thesis ® (3MT) competition at Ulster with Temilola Olanrewaju scooping the top prize and Matt Milliken and Rhonda Burns taking the runner up prizes! Our People's Choice Award went to Laura LeGall.