Dr Peadar Davis Senior Lecturer
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 (0)28 903 66507
Peadar is a Chartered Surveyor and Senior Lecturer in Property Appraisal and Management. He was previously employed in private practice as a property valuer and asset manager. He gained his first Degree and Doctorate at Ulster University, with Masters Degrees from Aberdeen University and Exeter University in between.
He specialises in providing research, consultancy and training solutions for property taxation in developing/transitional jurisdictions. Recent property related work includes: advising the World Bank, FAO UN and the Ugandan Government on Government property valuation process modernisation and the introduction of CAMA; advising the Ethiopian Government on appropriate valuation training reform; advising the Dubai Land Authority on the creation of property market indices and advising Housing Associations on matters of investment and development strategy.
Previous research has been instrumental in informing the review of Northern Ireland, Ugandan and Egyptian property tax policy and training of consultants in Kosovo. Peadar is heavily involved in EU research concerning urban security, resilience, disaster recovery and critical infrastructure protection. Peadar is the Editor (Property) for the Journal of Financial Management of Property and Construction (www.emeraldinsight.com/journal/jfmpc).
Showing 1 to 5 of 35 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Analysing Housing Market Affordability in Northern Ireland: towards a better understandingInternational Journal of Housing Markets and AnalysisDate: (2016)Creators: McCord, Michael, Davis, Peadar, Haran, Martin and McCord, John
- Commercial leases in the UK regions: Business as Usual?Journal of Corporate Real EstateDate: (2016)Creators: McCluskey, Danielle, Lim, Jasmine Lay-Cheng, McCord, Michael and Davis, Peadar
- European Emerging Real Estate Markets: Re-Examining Investment Attributes and Framing OpportunitiesJournal of Property Investment & FinanceDate: (2016)Creators: Haran, M, McCord, M, Davis, P, McCord, J, Lauder, C and Newell, G
- A Collaborative Filtering Recommender System Model Using OWA and Uninorm Aggregation OperatorsDate: (2015)Creators: Palomares, Ivan, Browne, Fiona, Wang, Hui and Davis, Peadar
- Understanding delays in housing construction: evidence from Northern IrelandJournal of Financial Management of Property and ConstructionDate: (2015)Creators: McCord, John, McCord, Michael, Davis, Peadar, Haran, Martin and Rodgers, John