Director of the Ulster University Economic Policy Centre
Gareth has almost 20 years' experience in managing the delivery of a wide range of economic policy projects in both central and local government.
These projects have included programme and policy evaluation, business cases and economic impact assessments.
Outside of work Gareth is a non-Executive member of the Governing Body of the South Eastern Region College.
Gareth is also a regular commentator on economic matters in the local press and media.
Recent and current projects:
- Development of the Northern Ireland Skills Barometer (Department for Employment and Learning)
- Economic Impact of Air Passenger Duty (Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment)
- Editor of the Centre's 'Economic Outlook' publication
- Economic impact of the Entertainment and Media spending in 30 Global Cities (PwC)
- Ulster University Belfast Campus Development: Economic significance of urban regeneration (Ulster University and Belfast City Council)
- Delivery of Regional Economics module on the Ulster University Economic under-graduate degree course