Our consultation submissions
At the Food and Drink Business Development Centre we actively engage with local government on a range of industry and consumer issues.
Examples of recent consultations
- Trade and Agriculture Commission (2020) UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) - A consultation response from UUBS to advise International Trade Secretary on the Northern Food and Drinks Sector
- Citations in the House of Lords food report (2020) (written evidence to Select Committee on Food, Poverty, Health and the Environment refers)
- Written evidence to the Education Committee's inquiry (2020), The impact of COVID-19 on education and children’s services
- Written response to the DAERA Future Agricultural Framework for Northern Ireland (2019)
- Witness testimony on the EU policy challenge (2019) Common Agricultural Policy to the Joint meeting of Joint Committees on the occasion of Europe Day: 9 May 2019 at the Oireachtas, Dublin.
- Written response to Childhood Obesity Team (2018): Consultation on restricting promotions of products high in fat, sugar and salt by location and by price
- Written response to United Nations’ Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (2018)
- Children’s Future Food Inquiry evidence, evidence hearing at Stormont, final report and Charter: (2018) Children’s Future Food Inquiry.
- UU Food Poverty Forum (2019)
- ESRC Food Poverty Forum (2019)