Smart Manufacturing: The Next Generation
Ulster University, on behalf of the Irish Manufacturing Council, is delighted to host the 39th International Manufacturing Conference (IMC39) in the pleasant environs of the Derry~Londonderry Campus, affectionately known as the Magee Campus in the Maiden city.
This successful conference series focuses broadly on advanced manufacturing research and engineering education.
The conference aims to promote innovation and is an excellent opportunity for networking between researchers, entrepreneurs, and innovators, as well as government and funding agencies.
We especially encourage and welcome submissions from early-stage researchers and PhD students in all areas of manufacturing research and engineering education.
IMC39 encourages submissions from all associated and supporting areas within Manufacturing and Education tracks, including, but not limited to, the following topics:
Technological Innovation for Manufacturing Track
- Sustainable and Energy Efficient Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Subtractive Manufacturing Processes and Surface Engineering.
- Forming and Joining Processes
- Industry 4.0 and Digital Manufacturing
- Machine Tool, Automation and Manufacturing System Design
- Manufacturing and Engineering Management
- Contemporary Issues for Engineering Education
- Industrial Training and Professional Development
- Curriculum Design for Engineering Education
- Education for Design Thinking, Problem Solving and Engineering Decision Making
- Public Engagement and Outreach projects
- Industry and Academia Collaborations (Undergrad, Postgrad Placements and Research Projects
- Engineering Education for Sustainable Development
We aim to welcome you to the campus on the 24 August for a preliminary session starting at 3pm, followed by a networking and cultural event (award-winning guided tour of the city walls) leading to a conference dinner in the city.
The main plenary and parallel technical sessions will take place on the 25 August starting at 10am. All sessions will be completed by 4pm on the 25 August.
A two-page extended abstract or A1 poster is to be submitted electronically as a .pdf to IMC39@ulster.ac.uk by 1 June.
Peer review will take place with the intention of providing notification of acceptance by 30 June either as a speaker or as a poster presenter at the conference.
Registration will open on the 1 July and close on the 18 August.
|Submission open for extended abstracts and posters||Thursday June 1|
|Submission deadline for extended abstracts and posters||Friday June 30|
|Notification of feedback and decision||Monday July 31|
|Submission of camera-ready abstract and posters for official proceedings||Monday August 7|
|Early bird registration deadline||Monday August 7|
|Final Registration||Monday August 21|
|Conference preliminary session, networking, Mayor's Reception and dinner||Thursday August 24|
|Conference Plenary and technical sessions||Friday August 25|
Awards and further dissemination of proceedings
The IMC committee will award prizes for best presentation and highly commendable work. Furthermore, after the conference, the IMC committee will invite papers for a published proceeding in an international journal.
These submissions will be subject to peer review and editorial discretion in line with the journal’s own terms and conditions. Financial support for article processing charges will be provided for invited articles.
Derry~Londonderry Campus Location
Derry ~ Londonderry campus offers an intimate learning environment.