Here to Help
Our Student Support Teams are here to help you every step of the way.
Find out how we can help you realise your career ambitions, access financial, wellbeing and disability support.
You can learn more about our campuses including our facilities and accommodation.
As an Ulster student you can avail of a wide range of services at our award-winning Employability and Careers Hubs.
You can avail of the following services up to 3 years post-graduation:
- Specialist one to one advice on campus or online
- Help with job search, applications and interviews including access to our industry leading Handshake recruitment tool which matches employers to their future employees
- Annual cycle of recruitment events with local, national, and global employers
- A range of bespoke career management tools and resources that you can access for 24/7 online career support
- Employer led skills development workshops.
- Alumni mentoring programme where you can get real world help and advice on your career whilst building your network
If you would like to speak with someone about the services available or for advice about which course best meets your career ambitions contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ulster University Student Union is as relevant for our postgraduate students as it is for our undergraduates. Once you register to study at Ulster, you automatically become a member of the Students Union.
You will benefit from the social and networking aspects including clubs, societies and sports teams but more importantly you can access UUSU for impartial advice and support through the UUSU Advice Bureau.
If you have concerns about your course or want to raise an idea you can reach out to the UUSU Student Representatives. The UUSU has a representative on every University committee ensuring your voice is always heard. You can access a range of services to help you with any personal or welfare matters.
Starting a business? You can also access the Student Enterprise Centre where you get help to set up your business from developing a business plan, sourcing funding and advice from mentors, industry advisors including legal advice.
Find out more about UUSU.
Our Wellbeing team is always on hand to offer free, professional, confidential and accessible services on all four campuses. We are on hand to provide you with support and advice on:
- Disabilities, including mental health conditions, dyslexia and ASD via our AccessAbility team
- Money management and budgeting including advice on finance and access to financial support
- Your general wellbeing and confidential advice and support on a range of issues including:
- Personal issues
- Academic issues
All our students can access face-to-face confidential counselling support from a trained counsellor, or or off campus. We offer a confidential 24/7 counselling helpline.
Find out more about our Student Wellbeing services.
Our AccessAbility team is here to support you or help you to secure the support you need to complete your studies.
We provide a range of support or recommendations based on your specific needs. Examples of support available are:
- Exam & assessment support
- Teaching & learning support
- Library support
- Access considerations
- Support providers
- Assistive technology
Learn more about our AccessAbility services for new students.
You can alert us via your application that you will need some assistance or contact our team at email@example.com.
Disabled Students’ Allowance
If you are from Northern Ireland, you may be eligible for a Disabled Students’ Allowance.
This is additional funding to help students with extra essential costs as a direct result of a disability. How much you get depends on your individual needs and not your household income.
You can get help with the cost of:
- specialist equipment, for example a computer if you need one because of your disability
- non-medical helpers
- extra travel because of your disability
- other disability-related costs of studying
Find out more including the Disabled Students' Allowance including residency and eligibility requirements
Paying for your studies
We have two great ways to help you pay for your studies at Ulster.
- Payment Plans
- You can pay for your fees via a monthly payment plan. We offer a 5-month and a 10-month plan. For more information about flexible payments please visit our Tuition Fees Payment pages.
Help with Funding
Employer Funded Studies
If you have not yet submitted your application:
- Confirm your funding source as part of your application
- You will be asked to provide details and email a copy of your funding letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set up the payment process.
If you have already submitted your application but have not provided funding details as part of your application:
- Email email@example.com so we can set up the payment process.
- Remember to include your application details in your email.
Fee information is included on the course pages and Tuition Fees section.
If you have any queries on fees do not hesitate to contact our Tuition Fees Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5% Full Fees Payment Discount
If you pay the full cost of your fees at enrolment, you will receive a 5% discount. This cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount.
For more information about discounts, visit our Finance pages.
Alongside access to tuition fee loans and our flexible payment plan, you can access our discretionary fund for additional financial support.
There are 2 funds available to UK/ NI Students and ROI, EU and International Students, Respectively.
Find out more about Financial Support.
We may also qualify for one of our scholarships A number of these are funded by our leading industry partners.
Find out more about our Ulster University Scholarships.
Each campus has its own unique identity but has the same dedicated Student Support services, world-class libraries and safe, welcoming accommodation.
Find out more about each Ulster University campus.
Visit our Ulster University Student Guide where you can see the support provided to our students and the key departments who will support you prior and during your studies.
More than a Library
Our Library team are here to help you reach your full potential. You can access the latest resources to help you with your study virtually and in-person. You can access electronic resources, past exam papers, subject guides or reading lists or borrow laptops.
If you are returning to education after some time away, don’t worry our Library team hold a number of training sessions and workshops including how to reference papers.
Learn more about Ulster University Library and Support Services.
Sport at Ulster
Whether you are an athlete or a complete beginner, everyone can benefit from our excellent sporting and gym facilities at affordable student rates.
Choose between unlimited gold membership to pay-as-you-go options.
Our sports centres have it all, including state-of-the-art fitness studios, a wide range of classes and multi-sport indoor and outdoor facilities, all supported by fully trained fitness staff.
Find out about Ulster University Sport Facilities.
Accommodation at Ulster
Need accommodation whilst you study with us? Our ResLife team are here to help you find your home away from home. Our award -winning accommodation is located on or close to our four campuses. You can benefit from:
- Self-catering facilities
- High -speed Wi-fi
- Laundry services
- Access to gym facilities
- Student hubs for socialising including cinema rooms and outdoor spaces
- Utilities, Wi-fi and housekeeping bills are included in your rent
- 24/7 Security
Be Part of a Global Network
At Ulster University, we're proud to have an alumni network of over 215,000, making an impact in communities, locally and globally.
There are many opportunities available to help you progress your career and a range of benefits and services including:
- Lifelong connections
- Exclusive invitations to events
- Access to worldwide networks
- Career advice and job information
- Discounts on University service
- Opportunities to get involved and give back
Join our Student Mentoring programme
Be inspired and shape your career with help from an Ulster graduate mentor. The Alumni Mentoring Programme connect students and alumni with Ulster graduates to receive one-to-one support and guidance with careers aspiration and professional development
Become a Mentor
If you are returning to study after gaining extensive experience in industry you can register as a mentor and share you knowledge and experience to nurture future talent.
Visit our Alumni pages to learn more.