Excellence in teaching and research
Ulster University's School of Biomedical Sciences has a national and international reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
Students are educated in the critical application of science and trained for healthcare, scientific and technical professions.
Key programmes on offer include:
- BSc Hons Biology (with optional DPP/DIAS)
- BSc Hons Biomedical Science
- BSc Hons Biotechnology
- BSc Hons Food & Nutrition with DPP/DIAS
- BSc Hons Human Nutrition with DPP/DIAS
- BSc Hons / MOptom Hons Optometry
- MPharm Pharmacy
Some of our undergraduate programmes are 3 years in duration but with an optional 1-year work or study placement leading to the following associate awards:
- Diploma in International Academic Studies (DIAS)
- Diploma in Professional Practice (DPP)
- Diploma in Professional Practice International (DPPI)
Whether you choose a 1-year placement, or are rotating in clinical settings, you will have the opportunity to enhance your professional practice and develop unique employability skills.
2016/17 undergraduate tuition fee
English language requirements
Most of our programmes require the following but we do accept other secure English language tests:
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score under 5.5
- Trinity ISE: Pass at level III
You are guaranteed University accommodation if your accommodation application is submitted before 31 July 2016.