About the Faculty of Life and Health Sciences
As a leading provider of health-related education, with almost 6,500 students and approximately 250 academic staff, we offer an extensive portfolio of accredited degree and research programmes covering seven exciting yet diverse disciplines:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Geography and Environmental Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Our reputation speaks for itself:
- Number 1 UK University for Pharmacy (Guardian University Guide 2015-2017).
- Number 2 UK University for Optometry (Complete University Guide 2019)
- Ranked in the Top 5 UK universities for Biosciences (Guardian University Guide 2019).
- Ranked in the Top 6 UK universities and 33rd in the World for Nursing (QS World Rankings 2018).
- Ranked in the World's Top 200 for Psychology (QS World Rankings 2018).
- Ranked in the World's Top 200 for Geography (QS World Rankings 2015).
- Top five UK universities for Nursing and Biomedical Science Research (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- 88% satisfaction rating in National Student Survey (NSS) 2018.
- 93.7% of graduates find employment or pursue further study within six months of graduation (Destination of Leavers Higher Education Survey 2014/15).
- 1 of 3 Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) approved Competency Test Centres in the UK.
- All seven Schools within the Faculty hold the Athena SWAN Bronze award, in recognition of advancement of gender equality.