About the Faculty of Life and Health Sciences
As a leading provider of health-related education, with almost 6,500 students and approximately 250 academic staff, we offer an extensive portfolio of accredited degree and research programmes covering seven exciting yet diverse disciplines:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Geography and Environmental Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Our reputation speaks for itself:
- For the third year running, we have been ranked as the top UK University for studying Pharmacy and are in the top ten for Biosciences (Guardian University Guide 2017).
- We are ranked amongst the UK's top 5 universities for Nursing and the world's top 50 universities (QS World Rankings 2017).
- We are ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities for Geography (QS World Rankings 2015).
- We are one of the top five UK universities for Nursing and Biomedical Science research (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- The School of Health Sciences is the longest established in the UK.
- The School of Psychology is the largest in Ireland.
- We achieve high performances in the National Student Survey (NSS): 91 percent satisfaction rating in 2016.
- 93.7 percent of our graduates find employment or pursue further study within six months of graduation (Destination of Leavers Higher Education Survey 2014/15).