Terms and conditions of Sports Centre memberships
Terms and conditions for Ulster University Soprts Centre Memberships.
Terms and Conditions for Sports Centre Memberships
- Student membership is available on production of current student ID. Membership must be purchased at the campus you are registered too.
- Ulster Associate membership is available on production of Ulster Staff ID. Membership must be purchased at the campus you are contracted too.
- Ulster Associate membership is available to award holders from Ulster University or from any of the former institutions – University of Ulster, Ulster Polytechnic, NUU, Magee College or Ulster College on production of a certificate or award.
- Ulster Associate membership is available to Senior Citizens aged 60 years and over on production of appropriate ID.
- For the purpose of family membership, the family is defined as the applicant, his/her spouse/partner and their children aged under 18 living at the same address.
- Junior membership is available to children 18 years and under. Children under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a responsible adult who shall be deemed in charge of that child.
- Members must produce their membership card at reception on each visit otherwise a temporary membership fee will be charged or admission refused.
- Memberships are transferable between campuses with some exceptions, e.g. special offers (ask at Sports Centre reception for details).
- Members may use the facilities at any time, subject to membership type and availability.
- Sports Centre annual closures have been taken into consideration when applying membership prices. The number of classes available to package memberships may be reduced during quieter periods.
- Fitness suite users must be aged 16 years or over if not accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- All fitness suite/strength and conditioning room users must complete an induction (Jordanstown only) and abide by the rules associated with usage of those areas.
- The University reserves the right to: refuse a membership application and to suspend or cancel a membership or booking. All refunds are subject to the manager’s discretion.
- A 14 day ‘cooling off’ cancellation period will apply to all membership subscriptions. Refunds will be offered to all subscriptions within this period. Charges for any sessions attended will then be deducted at normal daily fitness suite rates.
- Membership subscriptions may be refunded on medical grounds if certified. Requests for refunds should be made to the Head of Sports Services.
- The person booking a facility will be held responsible for the conduct and supervision of participants and spectators associated with that booking.
- Non-members of the Sports Centre must purchase temporary daily membership. Member rates for activities will then apply. This is not applicable to Les Mills memberships.
- Ulster University is a member of Leisurewatch which is a nationally recognised model of good practice in public protection and is designed to help prevent sexual offending in Sports Centres and associated facilities.
- Anyone wishing to take photographs or record images on Sports Centre premises must seek permission, in advance, from the Sports Services Officer.
- Sports clubs and organisations that hire the facilities on all campuses are required to comply with the University of Ulster Child Protection Policy.
- First Aid is available from the Sports Centre reception or Sports Pavilion. In the event of an accident activity must cease. Members and guests must report all accidents/sports injuries to a member of the Sports Centre staff and complete an accident/sports injury form.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted at any time.
All prices are subject to change from 1st September each year.
All information provided will be added to the databases maintained by Ulster University and Ulster University Students’ Union. Data is not divulged to third parties. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we are unable to use the information you have supplied unless you give your consent.