Keep in touch with the members of the Counselling & Health Communication Team
Contact us directly via email if you are interested in signing up for one of our degree or CPD courses, attending our events, or working with us on a research or civic engagement collaboration. If you are a current student or an alumni of any of our courses, consider joining the Ulster CHC Student and Alumni Society. The Team also has an active Twitter account, connecting with organisations, professional bodies, practitioners, students and alumni, as well as Facebook and SoundCloud pages.
The Ulster CHC Student and Alumni Society
The Counselling and Health Communication Team established the Ulster CHC Student and Alumni Society in 2019. This Society is run by students for students and alumni. Staff support the Society by offering the steering group advice when planning events, facilitating the booking of rooms, and advertising the events via our social media channels.
Students undertaking Ulster University’s Counselling and Health Communication degree programmes come from a diverse range of backgrounds and our alumni work in various professional fields across private, voluntary and statutory sectors. We have a large number of students studying for our undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including those on validated Foundation Degree (taught by the six partnering Further Education Colleges), as well as BSc Hons, MSc and PhD programmes based on the Jordanstown Campus.
The Society endeavours to:
1. Facilitate students from different groups getting to meet one another socially;
2. Contribute towards creating a sense of group identity and belonging;
3. Bring students together with staff, alumni and industry professionals to enhance career prospects;
4. Help students to find out more about the range of degrees available at Ulster University in the subject area of Counselling and Health Communication;
5. Give students an opportunity to take up committee and leadership roles to enhance their CV for job applications and as they work
towards Ulster University’s undergraduate EDGE Award.
We encourage students and alumni to join the Society, as each individual can benefit greatly from the social and networking opportunities that a student-led Society provides.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook
Listen to to our podcasts on SoundCloud
Send us an email
Dr Paula Brogan: email@example.com
Dr Noreen Giffney: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Maggie Long: email@example.com
Dr Anne Moorhead: firstname.lastname@example.org