The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences offers courses on all four of Ulster’s campuses, across six schools:
- Belfast School of Art
- School of Applied Social and Policy Sciences
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Communication and Media
- School of Education
- School of Law
We are a research intensive Faculty, led by world leading researchers delivering courses and research across the full range of disciplines in the arts and humanities. We offer a range of courses to suit your requirements including short courses, certificates, diplomas, undergraduate degrees, master’s programmes and doctoral qualifications. There is a strong emphasis on professional accreditation, work-based learning and employability, to equip you with the necessary skills and qualifications to gain a competitive edge in your future career.
We are home to the Belfast School of Art, founded in 1849, the award-winning Ulster University Law Clinic, and world leading research centres in the fields of peace and conflict, human rights and transitional justice. Our Creative Industries Institute draws together world class teaching and research across the Faculty to support the development of the art, film, games, music and animation sectors in Northern Ireland.
Our innovative curriculum, developed and delivered by staff who share your passion for learning, will challenge and prepare you for professional life.
- 1st in the UK for impact of research in Law (REF 2014)
- 3rd in the UK for Art & Design Research (REF 2014)
- Joint 2nd in UK for impact of research in Music (REF 2014)
- Top 3 in Irish and Celtic Studies research (REF 2014)