Get the best value out of waste resources
Warp It is part of Ulster’s ‘Climate Smart’ environmental sustainability engagement initiative. Find, give away, or loan office furniture, equipment and other resources.
For more information log in to Warp It or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Warp It
What is Warp It?
Warp It is a furniture and resource redistribution network that initially enables registered users to donate or loan resources across the campus.
Warp It is an eBay/Freecycle style online marketplace that will make redistributing resources more convenient and easier to manage.
Warp It provides the opportunity for equipment reuse, where the value is less than £1000, excluding electrical goods that are already recycled through separate WEEE collections.
The system is designed to make it easy for employees to transfer surplus work items to other individuals inside the University or alternatively for personal use at home.
A combination of space and time pressures and the lack of easy communication tools are the main reasons why items are not recycled as often as they could be.
Warp It makes the transfer of ownership quick and easy by improving communications.
Key Benefits of Warp It
- The online portal makes sharing resources easy which encourages better asset use, management and control.
- Each transaction is recorded and monitored and every participant is registered. This means that all waste, liability and legal concerns are met.
- Carbon, recycling and financial information on each transaction is recorded which allows the generation of management reports, important for carbon and financial reporting.
- Less waste sent to Landfill.
- Less carbon generated in the production of new resources.