COVID – 19 drive-through antibody test
Information for study participants selected for the drive-through antibody test
Thank you for volunteering for the pandemic study. This page is for those who have been selected for the drive-through test. It is important that you read the information below carefully before attending.
Preparing for my test:
- Watch the Abc-19 rapid test video which will explain how the test works in 5 simple steps.
- Come prepared to be in your car for at least one hour.
- To maintain social distancing measures, participants will not be permitted to leave their car (or use toilet facilities)
How to use AbC-19 Rapid Test
- You will be given your AB test along with simple instructions on how to use the kit.
Following the test:
- Participants will wait 20 mins, and the test will show one or two lines indicating the presence of antibodies in your blood.
- Participants will hand the test kit back to researchers through their car window, and will be asked to fill in a short, confidential questionnaire. You can see a sample version here (link to sample questionnaire)
- When leaving, participants will be asked to report if the the test was positive or negative. (this will allow researchers to understand if the instructions and test kit is simple to understand and use)
Important note for study participants:
This is a research project and is not a diagnostic provision nor a study that can tell you about your current immunity or safety against subsequent infection. Following this outcome, please do not change your behaviour in regards to any necessary safeguards in daily life in line with UK Government (including NI DOH) and the World Health Organisation policy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your test, please don’t hesitate to contact the PANDEMIC team.