The test takes approximately three hours.
Please allow plenty of time to travel to the competence test centre at our Magee Campus.
Before you arrive
Prior to your arrival at the Competence Test Centre please ensure you have completed the following:
- Completed the Confidentiality agreement and Declaration
- Completed the Health Declaration
- Completed the NMC ID Document Form. You are required to bring only the documents listed on this form. These are used to complete your NMC ID verification check on the day of your OSCE.
When you arrive
We will check the documents that you are required to bring.
Your photograph will be taken and stored on our database.
We store your photograph so that we can prove that you are the person we saw in case of identity theft.
Please see the NMC website for further details.
- You will be asked to store your belongings in a small locker before moving to the waiting rooms.
- Please avoid bringing bulky clothing.
- Do not bring large suitcases to the assessment centre.
- We have no storage space for anything other than for small handbags/rucksack.
Friends or family
We do not have room to allow friends or family, including children, to wait for you while you are taking the OSCE.
Within the test centre
- Once you have entered the competence test centre you will not be allowed to leave until the OSCE is finished.
If you have any questions
For questions regarding the test day and reading materials please see the Preparing for the OSCE section.
All information we are permitted to provide about the test is contained within this booklet.
For other questions on test arrangements and bookings you can contact us.