Digital Information Literacy
The Library aims to ensure that all Ulster students, regardless of mode of study, become digitally and information literate through the provision of effective digital and information literacy learning and teaching opportunities.
The Library supports digital and information literacy through a range of activities including classes, face to face instruction, provision of a library DIL Edge activity and through information sources such as the online library guides.
Digital Information Literacy links
Digital Information Literacy Skills include:
Understanding and using key resources
- Library website and University Portal
- Library catalogue
- Library e-resources
- Online module reading lists
- Understand and use a search strategy
- Know how to use keywords, and Boolean operators
- Select appropriate sources
- Evaluate information
- Books & E-Books
- Journal articles
- Newspaper articles
Organising, managing and sharing information ethically
- Keep up with developments in your subject area
- Learn how to reference and use Refworks to store references
- Avoid plagiarism
- Undertake a systematic review
For more information, please consult the Library's comprehensive list of Digital Information Literacy competencies for students and researchers at all stages.