Ulster University has a staff and student cycling community with hundreds staff and students regularly travelling to campus by bike.
The University aims to encourage more staff and students to travel by bike and offers a range of facilities and incentives for current or potential cyclists.
The information below provides a summary of:
- Cycle Parking Locations
- Shower Facilities
- Locker Facilities &
- Cycle to work scheme
Check out Sustrans on tips to make sure your bike is safe to ride and how to make your journeys active, healthy and sustainable.
Dedicated cycle hubs, comprising locker storage, shower and changing and cycle parking, are available for FREE* on the Belfast, Coleraine and Magee campuses.
Each Hub is access controlled, staff and students should apply for access stating name and staff/student number by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application has been received you will be notified by email and arrangements made for you to have your staff/student card activated to allow access to the controlled area.
Although each Hub is access controlled, cycles must be secured to the hoop in the cycle store room. It is recommended that the cycle lock used is minimum Sold Secure Bronze standard.
When entering and leaving the compound please be aware of people 'tailgating' and gaining entry to the compound without using an authorised staff or student card. Please turn off lights when exiting the cycle hub.
*Access to Cycle Hubs is FREE – sign up now at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Access Control Cycle Storage is available for Students and Staff.
- Access Controlled cycle parking does not mean secure. Individuals park cycles at their own risk.
- The University does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to cycles parked, whether in locked or unlocked facilities.
- Space in facilities will be offered on a strictly first come first served basis.
- Entry to access controlled cycle areas will require your staff/student card to be activated, and access is limited to personal use.
- Breach of these terms and conditions may result in the facility being withdrawn and/or disciplinary action.
Belfast by Bike
The Belfast campus is ideally located for cycling and walking.
To help maximise the opportunities and help colleagues find out about the travel options available, this handy travel map has been developed.
The map shows:
- Translink’s metro and glider services from City Hall
- Main bus and rail stations
- The route of the U1 Shuttle Service (Botanic Avenue – UU – Yorkgate Station),
- The route of the U2 Shuttle Service (Botanic Avenue – UU – Jordanstown)
- Belfast Bike stations
- Pedestrian routes
- Cycling routes.
The Belfast Bikes scheme have a docking station at the Belfast Campus which is one of 49 docking stations located across the city centre.
The public hire bikes provide a low cost, convenient way to travel about. Register as a casual user or annual subscriber and the first 30 minutes of each trip is free!