Intersections: Postgraduate Journal for Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
Ulster University Postgraduate Journal for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is a journal for multidisciplinary exchange of new research and practice at Ulster University.
It is an annual meeting place for the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to share reviews, processes and theories emerging from current practice-based, theoretical and historical research.
The journal is aimed at postgraduate researchers and postdoctoral scholars affiliated with Ulster University.
Call for Peer Reviewers
Intersections: Ulster University Postgraduate Journal for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences are currently seeking peer reviewers with an academic background affiliated with Ulster University. The scope covers practice-based, theoretical, literature, creative-writing and historical research, across the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Peer reviewers will be responsible for independently reading, scoring and providing timely, well written comments via a blind peer review process.
To be considered as peer reviewer for the first issue of Intersections: Ulster University Postgraduate Journal, please send a bio-graphical supporting statement (Maximum 350 words) to Paul Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Reviewer requirements
- Availability: Reviewers will be requested to participate in an orientation meeting on Friday 23rd November | 10-11:30am, and allow time for reading, scoring, developing comments. Reviews will take place between November 2018 - January 2019.
- Tools: Each reviewer must have access to the Internet, a computer, and have the ability to interact within the web environment.
- Quality of review: Each reviewer must complete a detailed, objective, constructive, and timely reviewer report for a shared number of assigned applications. Supporting material and training will be provided.
Encountering Paradox in creative research and practice
In the spirit of Intersections, the inaugural issue of our new postgraduate journal invites submissions on the topic of harmonious paradoxes: conflicting ideas, methods and disciplines that assemble in meaningful, creative ways. Paradoxes, oxymorons, and juxtapositions constitute a diverse range of expressions, motifs, and tools that emerge through Arts, Literature, Philosophy, and Design research. Whether these approaches are verbal, written, pictorial, algorithmic or other; can paradoxical encounters offer alternative narratives, histories or concepts within current research methodologies or processes?
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences invites submissions for the launch of Intersections: Ulster University’s Postgraduate Journal for the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. This is an internal journal aimed at current PhD researchers, MA or MRes students and early career researchers. In addition to original articles, we welcome unpublished, but previously presented papers from conferences, seminars etc. Contributions may locate paradox in theoretical, practical, and historical contexts.
This first issue aims to showcase and celebrate the diversity of research currently being conducted at Ulster University. The following paper categories are welcome:
- Original research articles of up to 2,000 words
- Critiques (book, conference, exhibition, etc.) of 500-1000 words
- Literature reviews of up to 2,000 words
- Original creative pieces (visual or literary)
- Poster presentations