Economic Policy Centre Services
We provide a variety of services for businesses across Northern Ireland and beyond.
The Economic Policy Centre (EPC) have a variety of services for business across Northern Ireland and beyond.
The EPC provides a range of services to local and international businesses and government departments.
Details of our core research are listed below.
- Development of a UK Macroeconomic model (UKMOD) in partnership with the Centre for Business research (CBR) Judge Business school in Cambridge University.
- UKMOD is an econometric (or structural) model based on a Keynesian framework, it was used within the CBR UK Economy report: The Macro-Economic Impact of Brexit. (See publications)
Northern Ireland model development
- Development of an NI forecasting model that cascades from the UKMOD. A range of key economic indicators alongside commentary is published in a quarterly basis within the Centre's outlook reports.
- The development of a local government economic forecasting model for the 11 new council areas in Northern Ireland, which cascades from the Northern Ireland model.
- The model includes a range of economic indicators included GVA, employment, unemployment, productivity, fiscal forecasts, house prices, and wages.
The EPC has a range of sponsors we work closely with them to develop their business models.
Below is a list of some of our sponsors and the recent research we have provided for them.
|Department for the Economy (DfE)|
|Department of Finance (DoF)|
|Belfast City Council|
|Derry City and Strabane District Council|
|Fermanagh and Omagh District Council|
|Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council|
|Belfast Harbour Commissioners|
- Economic inactivity
- Consumer spending behaviour
The EPC is educating and developing the next generation of economic policy makers through teaching at the Ulster University Business School including:
- Regional Economics
- Economic Policy
- Dissertation Supervision
- Industrial Placements
- Regional Economics: Understanding the Northern Ireland Economy
- Skills for Economists
The EPC undertakes a range of strategic consultancy projects for public and private sector clients. The following projects are currently ongoing:
- Enterprise Research Centre (ERC) – ongoing research relationship – Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM), Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Dashboard, UK industrial strategy 2017 response
- National Centre for Universities and Businesses (NCUB) – smart specialisation hub
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council – Brexit
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – global cities and cities of opportunity