Ulster University and the British Council host Difficult Conversations in partnership with the University of Canberra. Launched in 2022, Difficult Conversations involves a series of talks by world-leading artists and researchers asking ‘What is the role of art and creativity in a polarised society?’
For GFA@25, Difficult Conversations will host a book launch of work by contributors to those conversations at an event that will host over 30 international artists, curators and cultural policy-makers from around the world. These delegates and the public will also be treated to a series of international workshops hosted by Northern Ireland’s Turner Prize-winning Array Collective.
Wednesday 19th April, Ulster Museum
- ARRAY Collective workshops
Thursday 20th April, Belfast Campus
- 11am - Artist's talk by Amanda Dunsmore
- 12pm - Networking session
- 1.30pm - Difficult Conversations book launch; featuring a panel of poets, artists and researchers who have contributed to the publication.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Professor Paul Seawright in conversation with artist Dr Sandra Johnston and Professor Brandon Hamber with University of Canberra colleagues; poet Dr Paul Collins and Dr Jen Crawford.
This event is by invitation only.