Funding for Postgraduate Study
A tuition fee loan of up to £5,500* is available for Postgraduate Students.
Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan
From 2019/20 academic year, the Government will provide a tuition fee loan of up to £5,500* per student for postgraduate study.
- Non-means tested
- Available for courses commencing during the 2019/20 Academic Year
- Paid directly to the Higher Education Provider (HEP)
- Northern Ireland-domiciled students studying at authority/publicly funded institutions in the United Kingdom, and EU students studying at authority/publicly funded institutions in Northern Ireland
- The same residency criteria as for undergraduate student support will apply
- There is no age limit
- Students can avail of the loan even if they hold an equivalent or higher qualification –
- Students will be entitled to one postgraduate tuition fee loan only.
- Applicants must commence the course in the academic year 2019/20 or later (i.e. on or after 1st August 2019)
The Postgraduate Tuition Fee Loan will be available for the following postgraduate courses:
- Postgraduate Master’s courses (taught or research)
- Postgraduate Diplomas
- Postgraduate Certificates
The loan will not be available in respect of PhD, Integrated Masters, or Postgraduate Certificate in Education courses.
Length of course Loan amount one-year course £5,500 each academic year of a two-year course £2,750 each academic year of a three-year course £1,833
*Correct at time of print.
Visit studentfinanceni.co.uk for up-to-date information for 2019/20 entry.
Professional and Career Development Loans
We are a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider.
A Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial bank loan that you can use to help pay for work-related learning.
For further information on financial assistance to support your learning: