Dr Seng-Kwan Choi
- Belfast School of Architecture and the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment Research Institute
- Jordanstown campus
- +44 28 9036 8300
Seng-kwan Choi is lecturer in structural fire engineering at the School of the Built Environment in Ulster University. He obtained BSc of Civil Eng. from Inha University in Korea and MSc of Structural Eng. from UMIST. After a short period in practice, he completed his doctorate in a field of structural fire safety in 2005 at the University of Sheffield.
Prior to take up an appointment of a lecturer at Ulster University, he worked for three years as a senior researcher of structure fire engineering at Korean Institute of Construction Technology.
He has maintained a close working relationship with industries such as steel construction, fire protection and structural consultancy. His research work involves various aspects of fire safety engineering, from experiments to numerical analyses, conceptual applications and the development of new design concept. He has published over 30 journal papers and secured awards of over 1.0m GBP in research grant funding.
Showing 1 to 10 of 21 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Coupled thermo-physical behaviour of an inorganic intumescent system in cone calorimeter testingJournal of Fire SciencesDate: (2017)
- View factor in cone calorimeter testingInternational Journal of Heat and Mass TransferDate: (2016)
- Fire Resistance of U-shape Hybrid Composite BeamJournal of Korean Society of Steel ConstructionDate: (2013)
- Temperature on structural steelworks insulated by inorganic intumescent coatingSteel and Composite StructuresDate: (2013)
- Experimental and Numerical Modelling of Cellular Beams with Circular and Elongated Web Openings at Elevated TemperaturesStructural Fire EngineeringDate: (2011)
- Fire Behaviour of Cellular Composite Floor Steel Beams with Different Web Opening ShapesDate: (2011)
- Structural Performance of Slim Beam Floor System in FireJournal of Stuctural Fire EngineeringDate: (2011)
- Analysis of Composite Floor Cellular Steel Beams in Fire,Journal of Stuctural Fire EngineeringDate: (2010)
- Experimental and Numerical Modelling of Cellular Beams with Elongations Openings at Elevated TemperatureStructures in Fire: Proceeding of the 6th International ConferenceDate: (2010)
- Numerical and experimental investigation of the behavior of high strength concrete columns in fireEngineering StructuresDate: (2010)